We’re continuing to help SEEDs for Autism refine the stuff we built for them. You can see the SEEDs for Autism Trello board and what tasks remain. If you see a task you can claim, join that board and plan to come help at the next jam session.
April 5th we’re also bringing a new charity into the fray: Tumbleweed Youth Shelter. You can read more about them via the link above but basically they help young adults who otherwise might go homeless get a place to crash and get back on their feet. Having attended their gala event last year and a breakfast recently I can vouch this is an awesome effort and a wonderful group of people behind it.
So here’s the rough roadmap of what we’re doing for Tumbleweed:
APR 5th: Theme = stabilize and shore up
- Get them a more professional visual identity
- Get their website ported over to WordPress and train them on how to add/modify content
- Get the site on scheduled backups
- Implement a lead magnet & capture mechanism we can use that ideally can be mentioned at the Apr 12th Gala in order to capture emails (investigate doing SMS-based capture from the event)
- Start application process for the Adwords non-profit Grant
MAY (TBA): Theme = automation, fundraising & deepen personal connections
- Implement an automated followup process for various stakeholders (donors, corp sponsors, evangelists, etc)
- Consider a moderated, asynchronous video messaging capability w/ program participants to foster a more personal connection
- Ability to accept online recurring donations via cc like we did for SEEDs
- integration w/ Matchmaker (current CRM)
JUNE (TBA): Theme = traffic generation, PR and promo
- Investigate promo campaigns for driving attendance to breakfasts and other events
- Other traffic gen activities – SEO, blogging, social media
- Provided we were accepted for Adwords grant, enable PPC campaigns and exhaust the $10k monthly budget to drive recurring donors and corp sponsors
So there you have it: an ambitious plan to remake the marketing and business processes for a worthy cause in need of our help. Are you up for the challenge? Sign up via our volunteer page to receive notifications about this string of upcoming events and then join the April 5th event using the FB RSVP widget to the right.
You can add yourself to the:
We are most in need of designers, developers and copywriters. If you see a task on that board to which you believe you could add value, add yourself and join the conversation.